Another Ralph Sneyd inherited the estate in 1829 and embarked on a programme of landscaping and tree planting during the 1830s. This programme resulted in the creation of Springpool woods and the 7 dammed lakes that still exist today. On completion of this programme his attention turned to the village and the Hall.
The current Hall was built to the design of Anthony Salvin, and building began in 1856 and was completed in 1861. It was built from red sandstone quarried on the estate.